Maison des Vins Bourgueil
The history: Here in Jean Carmet’s family home, a XVth century structure located in the heart of Bourgueil, winegrowers established this boutique in 1992 to feature registered “appellation” wines.
The ambience: Freestone, exposed rafters… The story of La Touraine is told here in this typically warm and inviting lodge, all as envisioned by Jean Carmet.
The discovery: Beyond tastings, you can embark on an exploration of the vineyard thanks to hiking trails that take you there from the boutique any time of year.
- How close the vineyard is, and that this boutique is located in the heart of the Bourgueil appellation.
- The wines sold at the same price as at vineyard estates.
- Being able to rent a tasting room for up to 50 people.
- The ease of accessibility and parking.
- The staff’s recommendations and also being able to explore the vineyard.
Open Monday and Thursday from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Open Friday and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.